The Legend Returns….
The Rogers Dyna-sonic snare drum is arguably the innovative drum of its time. A floating frame created to independently hold and adjust the snare wires was a pioneering concept and totally unheard of prior to Rogers.
In 1963, Rogers introduced the ‘Beavertail’ style lugs on the Dyna-Sonic and Rogers drum kits. The new lug offered a more durable and substantial profile and structure which featured and attractive deco design. Combining this with floating frame snare system the Rogers ‘Beavertail’ Dyna-Sonic is still one of the most revered snare drums to date.
- Dimensions – 14″ x 6.5″
- Rogers Propriety Formula 5-ply North American Maple Shell
- Reinforcement Hoops
- Internal Tone Control
- Independent Snare Adjustment
- Script Logo Badge
- Oval Dyna-Sonic Badge
- ‘Clock Face’ Snare Strainer & Butt End
- ‘Beavertail’ Lugs (10)
- Fruitwood Stain Interior
- Rogers patented ‘Choke-Free’ Floating Snare Rail System with 20 Strand Snare Wires
- 1.6mm Triple-flanged Batter & Snare Side Hoops with Snare Gates
What makes the Dyna-sonic Difference?
- Pinpoint Definition – You hear the result of each stroke, even at full power always without distortion.
- Choke-Free Sound – Always clear and crisp, never mushy.
- Faster Stick Rebound – You get added speed and better feel with half the effort Your drum head feels solid, never soft.
- Full Dynamic Range – Everywhere on the head There are no dead spots, even at the edges.
- The Sound – This drum has true musical sound. The tone quality is built in – by the unique combination of the floating snares, head, and custom shell
- Simplest Adjustment – Of any drum, a single tension screw gives you one-point uniform tensioning. Set it, and forget it.
THIS is the drum that “couldn’t be built”. This is the drum that solved a problem that “couldn’t be solved”. Before Dyna-Sonic you tightened the snares and the snares choked the head. Dyna-Sonic changes all of that because your snares ride on an exclusive floating snare frame. They ride with the snare head, never dampen it. There’s no choking. There’s never and snare slap.
With a traditional snare drum, choking results from snare wires being pulled up too tight from the strainer knob when trying to dial out snare vibration and dry up or “crisp” up the sound. With the Dyna-Sonic snare frame, the concept is to allow the snare tension to be controlled on the frame itself, while the strainer knob simply brings the frame up to just “kiss” the bottom head. This results in superior sensitivity over the entire head and allows for all snare adjustment, from “dry” to “loose”, to be controlled from the frame itself.
Roger’s product designer, Joe Thompson said it best in his Jan 16, 1962 patent application for the Dyna-Sonic snare rail system: “The goal of this invention is to provide a drum with ‘floating snares’, which can be tensioned without putting pressure on the head, on a drum with no snare beds.”
The Dyna-Sonic snare frame is that same exclusive floating snare frame design. Made of cast steel, the frame comes complete with snare wire mounted. The single tension screw located at the end of the frame, gives one-point uniformed tensioning with simple hand adjustment. Set it, and it remains in the desired position.
Experience the Dyna-Sonic difference…