Roland’s dual-ply mesh heads for V-Drums revolutionized the playability of electronic drums thanks to their adjustable tension, durability and natural playing feel. And now we’re taking the concept a step further with the PowerPly series; nine mesh heads produced by REMO Inc. ranging from 8” to 22” that let you retrofit your acoustic drums for quiet practice. When used with Roland’s RT-30 Acoustic Drum Triggers, PowerPly mesh heads can trigger a V-Drums module, enabling you to practice and experiment with various sounds while maintaining the looks and feel of your acoustic drum kit.
- Highly-durable dual-ply mesh head
- Very quiet when played, perfect for home practice
- Compatible with Roland RT-30 series Acoustic Drum Triggers
- Six different sizes for snares and toms (8”, 10”, 12”, 13”, 14” and 16”)
- Three sizes for bass drum ( 18”, 20”, 22”)
- Also usable as replacement mesh heads for V-Drums V-Pads (all models except the PDX-8 and PDX-6)
Single-ply mesh heads from other brands may need re-tightening and adjustment after a few days of playing. Roland’s PowerPly mesh heads don’t require constant retuning (*1), so you can practice for longer with consistent rebound. If you are using PowerPly mesh heads with RT-30 Acoustic Drum Triggers, head tension is an important factor in accurate sensing and tracking of your drumming. The trigger response of PowerPly heads is more accurate, thanks to the dual-ply design and consistent tension. Roland’s bass drum dual-ply mesh heads also last twice as long as single-ply mesh heads made by other brands (*2), so you can play hard without having to frequently replace the heads.
(*1) Tested by Roland using drumsticks.
(*2) Tested by Roland using a kick pedal until the mesh heads were broken.