- Black Chrome Shell Hardware
- 9 ply (8.75mm) Beech Shells for Toms & Snare
- 7 ply (6.35mm) Beech Shell for Bass Drum
- 45 Degree Bearing Edge
- 2.3mm Power Hoops on Toms & Floor Tom
- Die-cast Hoops on Snare Drum
- T.A.R Tom Mounting System
This Kit Includes
- 10″ x 8″ Tom
- 12″ x 9″ Tom
- 16″ x 16″ Floor Tom
- 22″ x 18″ Bass Drum
- 14″ x 5.5″ Snare Drum
- Includes Hardware
- 1 x Sonor 400 Series Hi Hat Stand
- 1 x Sonor 400 Series Snare Drum Stand
- 2 x Tom Arm + Central Post
- 2 x Sonor 400 Series Boom Stand
Wear & Tear
- Very good condition
- Slight marks on the resonant bass drum head (see image 7 in product gallery)
- Slight marks on the bass drum hoops (see images 16 + 17 in product gallery)
- Some light marks on the shell hardware from general use
- Light stick marks on the heads (see images 14 + 15 in product gallery)
- These marks are purely cosmetic and do not affect the performance
- Very Good
About This Kit
The SONOR Ascent series marked the revival of the famous Beech shell construction that has been a trademark of SONOR throughout the decades. Equipped with the latest features and technology, the Ascent series is the perfect symbiosis between the Select Force and ProLite series of Drum sets. Any player, any style will appreciate the timeless quality and tremendous sound. Spectacular high quality Sparkles, solid lacquered Finishes and stunning wood Veneers highlight the high end look of the Ascent series. A feature taken from SONOR’s premium line SQ2 is the black chrome hardware with certain finishes underscoring the timeless design of the Ascent series. Get electrified with quality and sound in perfection!
SONOR Ascent Series Sounds
SONOR’s design team worked closely with some of the top SONOR artists to create the proper sound. The result of this collaboration are thin Beech shells for all bass drums and thick Beech shells for snare drums, tom toms and floor toms. The result is a full rich tone, powerful and clear. No matter where you play it, the woodshed, the recording studio or the stage, you’ll lay down a perfect performance with the Ascent series.
SONOR Ascent Beech Shell Design
The Beech shells deliver maximum strength, perfect curving and neutral tuning, due to the tension-free cross lamination of individual plies of wood (CLTF Cross Laminated Tension Free Process).
SONOR Ascent Shell Thicknesses
9 plies for tom toms, floor toms and snare drums = 8.75 mm
7 plies for bass drums = 6.35 mm
Power Hoops – Clean Tuning and Crisp Attack!
2.3 mm SONOR Power Hoops on all tom toms and floor toms. 14″ snare drums are equipped with die-cast hoops.
Individual Components – For Enhanced Setups!
A large selection of individual components provide perfect add-ons for an even bigger performance – ideal for live gigs requiring multiple setups.
Tom Mounting System – Powerful Sounds Thanks to Minimal Shell Contact!
- The vibration-free T.A.R. system (Total Acoustic Resonance) with APS (Advanced Projection System) provides maximum resonance and sustain.